Family Restaurants in Guildford
Having a meal out sounds like a great idea - someone else doing the cooking, no washing up to do, maybe even a cheeky glass of wine or two! But with kids in tow the idea is often much more relaxing than the reality.
Here we have collected together some great family restaurants in Guildford to help take the stress away from dining out with the family.
Our Top Family Restaurants in Guildford
14 Tunsgate Quarter, Guildford, GU1 3QY
Located in Tunsgate, just off the High street, this is a great place if you want to dine out with the kids whilst still feeling like a grown-up.
- Great adult menu, plus a fantastic cocktail menu.
- Kids menu's for breakfast and lunch/dinner, plus colouring and games to keep them amused.
- Loads of space in the lounge area, with comfy sofas and space for pushchairs.
- Staff are really friendly and great with kids.
- The restaurant is upstairs, so access is via stairs or a lift.
The Percy Arms
75 Dorking Road, Chilworth, GU4 8NP
You can't beat this for a picturesque quintessential family pub lunch or dinner, and with plenty of outside space it’s great if the kids need to burn off some steam.
- Plenty of outside space, with climbing frame and slide, plus lots of outside tables and chairs.
- Inside, there is a separate restaurant and pub section.
- Kids menu has all the classics.
- Large, free car park.
8-9 Chapel Street, Guildford, GU1 3UH
Giggling Squid is a favourite for a great quality Thai meal in lovely surroundings, plus a children’s menu with a difference.
- For £5.99 kids can mix and match two small plates from a selection which includes spring rolls, pork dumplings, chicken satay, pad Thai noodles, chicken fried rice, mild massaman curry and pork skewers.
- Adults can enjoy dining out in more grown-up surroundings.
- Pre-booking is advised as this place is very popular.
- If you are bringing a pushchair, mention when booking so staff can accommodate you.
Perry Hill, Worplesdon, Guildford, GU3 3RY
Described as a boutique country pub and hotel, Worplesdon Place is a fantastic spot for a relaxed family meal out.
- Huge grounds, and a kids climbing frame.
- Easy parking
- There's a Sunday roast for kids available and the regular menu has everything you would expect.
- "Roasts were plentiful and tasty and the garden a great place to relax afterwards whilst the kids ran riot and enjoyed the play equipment. We will be back!" Sarabbort, Trip Advisor
1 Angel Gate, Guildford, GU1 4AE
This is our top pick for a family breakfast out, with the Bill's kids breakfast menu a particular highlight.
- Family friendly and helpful staff.
- Reasonably priced kid’s menu, plus fun colouring provided at the table.
- Be warned accessibility isn't great and the changing facilities are in the ladies.
- "The children were immediately given crayons and colouring to do and nothing was too much trouble; the menu for little ones is perfect with vegetable sticks and hummus and sensible sized portions with fruit to finish off with." Hazel, Trip Advisor